- Combine the flour and salt; form a well in the middle of the mixture. Dissolve the yeast in the water and add to the flour mixture with the remaining ingredients. Knead until the dough is soft and well-blended. Cover and let rise at room temperature until the dough has doubled in volume.
- Divide the dough into 28 equal parts; shape into balls. Arrange the balls in a wreath on a baking sheet greased with butter, leaving 5 mm space between neighboring balls. Cover and let rise for 30-45 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 230°C. Bake for 10 minutes on bottom rack; then reduce temperature to 180°C and bake for an additional 20-25 minutes.
- Using kitchen shears, cut a notch in each roll. Insert a rosette of Tête de Moine and a basil leaf into each roll.
Ingredients for the garnish
- 28 rosettes de Tête de Moine AOP
- 28 basil leaves
Ingredients for the tart dough
- 750 g flour
- 21/2 tsp salt
- 21 g yeast, crumbled
- 2,5250-300 ml water
- 180 cultured buttermilk
- 15 oil-packed sun-dried tomatoes, julienned
- bunch basil, leaves julienned
- coarsely ground pepper