- Juice the lemon and emulsify the juice with the olive oil. Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Wash and spin-dry the lamb’s lettuce. Peel the beetroots and slice them very thinly using a mandoline slicer. Peel and grate the carrots. Peel the avocado and cut it into slices.
- Divide all the ingredients evenly between the bowls; then pour the sauce over the prepared salad. Arrange Tête de Moine AOP rosettes on top and sprinkle with caraway seeds.
- 12 Tête de Moine AOP rosettes
- 1 lemon
- 400 g lamb’s lettuce
- 2 carrots
- 1 avocado
- Fleur de sel and freshly ground pepper
- 2 tbsp caraway seeds
- 4 tbsp olive oil
- 2 small (Chioggia) beetroots
- 100 g walnut kernels
- Use half an orange instead of the lemon for a slightly milder flavour. Replace the beetroots with other winter vegetables like radishes or Golden Ball turnips